Within the Shadows
1. Name: on the sheet click Edit name. then enter the PC’s Name.
2. First, create your characters concept. To help get a handle on your characters identity
and motivations, come up with a short, two- or three word description of him/her. This usually, but not always,includes some idea of a career: nightstalking journalist,
stoic mechanic,lost waif,petulant yuppie,angry young man.
3. Select Attributes, your characters innate capabilities:Prioritize the three categories (5/4/3). Your character begins with one dot in each Attribute automatically,
already filled in on the character sheet. Dots spent now are in addition to these starting ones. The fifth dot in any Attribute costs two dots to purchase.
4. Select Skills, your characters learned capabilities:Prioritize the three categories (11/7/4). The fifth dot in any Skill costs two dots to purchase.
5. Select Skill Specialties, your characters focused areas of expertise: Take three Skill Specialties of your choice. You can assign each how you like, whether each to a separate Skill or all three to a single Skill. There is no limit to how many Specialties can be assigned to a single Skill.
6. Determine advantages, traits derived from your
- Defense (the lowest of Dexterity or Wits),
- Health (Stamina + Size),
- Initiative (Dexterity + Composure),
- Morality (7 for starting characters),
- Size (5 for most humans),
- Speed (Strength + Dexterity +5),
- Willpower (Resolve + Composure),
Choose one of each. For more information,
see p 100.
Virtues: Charity, Faith, Fortitude, Hope,
Justice, Prudence, Temperance
Vices: Envy, Gluttony, Greed, Lust, Pride,
7. Select Merits, representing character enhancements and background elements: Spend 7 dots on Merits. The fifth dot in any Merit costs two dots to purchase.
REF: Books in the drop box. All those books have merits in them. they are all available for use as long as you have the prerequisites to back the merit.
8. Write a basic background of your character. Your character can be from any were but for some reason has ended up in the Chicago area. So some were in the background is how or why you are in Chicago now. Remember you are not aware of the supernatural side of reality. Oh I would recommend filling out your equipment list that would work with your history. Because if you don’t, you might not have any equipment.
9. 50 XP to spend for maturation points.
|Attribute||New dot x 5|
|Skill||New dot x 3|
|Skill Spec||3 points|
|Merit||New dot x 2|
|Morality||New dot x 3|
Note only at creation can you raise your morality without reason.